What to Expect in a Lactation Office Visit
We meet in a private office in a shared office building.
The Flow of a Consult
- Meet and review your goals for the visit
- Assessment of the baby
- Weighted feed on a highly calibrated pediatric scale
- Breastfeeding the baby and troubleshooting challenges with positioning and latch
- Evaluating Your Pump Flange Fit and how to best use the pump
- Working on supplemental feeds: bottles or SNS (supplemental nursing systems)
- An approved, collaborative plan for continued success to reach YOUR goals
You Are In Charge
Visits are directed by YOU to address your concerns. The above is a sample of the types of things possible at a visit. After your visit you will have a precise plan of action that you agree to because together we will build a way forward that is actionable and realistic for you. I promise to listen so you feel heard.
International Board Certified Code of Professional Conduct
1. Present information without personal bias.
2. Ensure that commercial considerations do not influence professional judgement
3. Behave honestly and fairly as a health professional.
4. Provide only accurate information to the public and colleagues concerning lactation consultant services offered.